Our Lady of Perpetual Help (OLPH) Catholic School in Toledo, Ohio is now accepting applications from qualified individuals interested in a full-time school nurse position.
The school nurse administers first-aid and prescribed medical care to students while educating the community on various health and wellness topics, overseeing and managing the emergency-medical process and medical records at the school for students, faculty, and staff, and participate as a member of the student services team. This position reports directly to the principal.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a vibrant Catholic Church and School community that works to spread the Gospel message through the education of spirit, mind, and body. We afford students many opportunities of growth in virtue and character through engaging instructions and activities.
We possess a comprehensive team of dedicated, child-centered professionals who support our students and their families, in a calm, nurturing, and dynamic environment. We work together to harness each student’s joy for interaction, play, communication, and learning. OLPH enrolls 265 students in grades preschool through 8 and employs over 40 faculty and staff.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school, and acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and codes of conduct of both the school and Diocese of Toledo.
- Impacts the health of students, school, families, and communities in a number of ways.
- Understands and educates others, including staff, students, and families, about normal development.
- Practices in a manner that is ethical and culturally congruent, with effective communication in all areas of practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Supports the principal in preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence related to health matters.
- Manages the inventory and storage of approved prescribed medication for students in a safe and secure environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in Nursing
- Valid Ohio Nurse Credential such as RN, LPN, LSN, or Other Related Credential
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR, First-Aid, and AED Certification
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge and skills necessary in health appraisals for identifying student health problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in many forms
- Ability to work well with a team of professionals
- Ability to maintain poise and composure under pressure
WORKING CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS
- Some nights and weekends may be required
- Required to manage high to moderate levels of various emotions
- Required to work in standard office and school conditions
- Minimal travel required
OLPH offers full-time employees competitive medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful reference check
- Successful Ohio FBI and BCI background checks
- Successful completion of Virtus safe environment certification
- Other requirements explained by the OLPH
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
- School Classification: Full-Time
- Start Date: August 10, 2020
- End Date: June 2, 2021
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8AM-3:30PM (subject to change)
- Expected Work-Days in 2020-2021 School Year: 5 (subject to change)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references to principal Jarett Kuhns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, and age to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, and age in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship program, or other school-administered programs.