JOB POSTING – BUSINESS MANAGER
- Salaried Position
- Reports to: Pastor
- Effective Date: Immediate Opening
- Necessary Skills: Background in Finance is preferred; experience in Accounting and/or HR a plus
Position Summary: The business manager provides leadership and day-to-day supervision within the parish office. The business manager oversees the administrative and business functions of the parish, as well as demonstrates technical skills necessary to provide accurate, efficient, and thorough book-keeping, as well as, provide the appropriate administrative foundation within the parish office to support the pursuit of the parish’s mission, ministry, and growth.
Responsibilities: (Including, but not limited to)
- Financial Management : Assures sound financial management is practiced by the parish with development & monitoring of budgets; appropriate reporting; proper oversight for all parish community-related funds; and oversight of all major fundraising activities. Additional focus placed on tracking all financial business transactions and proper account management
- Coordination of Parish Ministries & Services : Oversees the coordination and recruitment of all ministries, activities, and services
- Personnel Management (Parish) : Assists the pastor in recruiting, hiring and dismissing employees with the guidance of the diocesan Human Resource Department. Supervises all parish employees not directly accountable to the pastor or principal.
- Administrative : Coordinates with staff and volunteers to participate in staff planning and operational meetings
Duties: (Including, but not limited to)
- Tracks financial business transactions
- Reviews & Manages parish budgets & financial reports
- Coordinates parish organizations funds
- Directs parish ministry and activities schedules and materials
- Creates and updates a parish employee handbook
- New employees with orientation
- Maintains accurate parish & facilities records
- Coordinates insurance and other benefit programs
- Ensures compliance with the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Protected Self Insurance Program of the Diocese of Toledo.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required: (Including, but not limited to)
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related business discipline from an accredited college.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels.
- Ability to face situations firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others.
- Requires a high level of computer expertise in Microsoft Office products, including QuickBooks, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Practicing Catholic and registered member of a Catholic parish faith community, preferred.
- Must be flexible, innovative in a fast paced, time-critical environment and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve complex problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Performs work at a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce clear, concise reports and recommendations and make presentations to varied groups.
- Exercises considerable independence and judgment with a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have successful experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must successfully pass the required background check and all requirements of the Program for Child and Youth Protection prior to employment and maintain a satisfactory background check throughout employment.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
Please submit your resume (including cover letter and references) No later than Sept 1, 2020
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish
- Attention: Fr. Manoj Mammen, Parochial Administrator/Pastor
- 2255 Central Grove Toledo, OH 43614
- 419-382-5511 (office) 419-382-7360 (fax)
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, and age to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, and age in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship program, or other school-administered programs.